Wishing everyone a healthy and happy Christmas and New Years Break. If you’re looking for some holiday entertainment all of my Along Home Shores videos are up now on the UTV website – if you haven’t yet caught an episode check it out here.
This is the right time of year for reflection and planning and as I look back on Along Home Shores I’ve listed my Top 10 moments featured on the show:
Ten Highlights in Filming Along Home Shores
- A Dawn swim in the 40foot on a fabulous September morning
- Meeting the Wallabies on Lambay Island (there are 70 there since the late 1950s). Lambay is undiscovered and only 9 miles from the GPO
- Capsizing the Kayak at the cliffs off the giants causeway, County Antrim
- Dropping the 100 feet in the 2 locks at Ard Na Crusha powerstation in County Limerick
- Meeting Glamping legend David McGowan in Enniscrone shortly after he delivered his Aeroplane to the site in County Sligo
- Catching the 12lb Pike in Upper Lough Erne, County Fermanagh
- Driving the Kilmore Quay life boat off the Saltee Islands County Wexford
- Reading the Sea Area weather forecast at Valentia Coast guard station
- Meeting the Olympic Rowing legends The O Donovan Brothers when they arrived at their home town of Skibbereen County Cork#
- Snorkelling in the Pollock holes in Kilkee county Clare , my fathers home town.
Check it out over the festive break. Have a very happy and healthy time at home with loved ones and friends and see everyone in 2017.